Monday, July 21, 2008

A new use for the duck!

As mentioned in a previous post, Cole's days in the ducky bathtub were numbered. I finally gave in to him being in the big boy bathtub after another one of my sister's "set him free" speeches. She wins, Cole is set free. He loves the tub and is taking full advantage of all of his new found space.

So now what about ducky? The duck that has brought me and Cole so much joy over the past few months, what about him? Do I just deflate him and pack him away in hopes that baby #2 will enjoy him just as much? I couldn't stand the thought of it...so on Sunday I invented Mr. Ducks Wild Ride (you may remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride from your childhood visits to Disneyland)! Here is how the ride goes, I put Cole in the duck (fully clothed) and then I drag him around the house at top speed all through the kitchen, we jet down the hallway, through his room and back to make the loop through the dining room. The child has never been more entertained. He sits back in the duck and just smiles the whole time. The duck is still bringing us joy, even outside of the tub -- this is why I love the duck. Here is a picture of Cole just as we are starting one of the rides, I feel like he's holding on...getting ready for the fun, maybe even a little bit unsure of why he's dressed, in his bathtub (can you see the look of confusion on his face?).

The other recent excitement around our house is Cole's fascination with Fletch. There have been a few moments that were touch and go recently, but by this photo you would never know. We like to call this one: Cole and Fletch can be Friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the muscle tee. Caden has a few too. Cole is such a cutie. Glad the duck can be fun out of the tub too!