Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Give me an O, give me an L, give me an E...what the heck does that spell?

Bath time fun...a great part of the evening. I am savoring the last few days of Cole in the big rubber ducky. My big boy is getting too big for his fun bathtub and it won't be long before he's on his own in the big boy tub. Last night he got very excited about the letters that he has to play with in the tub. I have only put out for letters...the 4 that spell COLE. He was a busy boy, eating the L and holding on with a good grip to the O and the E.
Life is great in Chandler. We're sweating all day, everyday and trying to smile through it. The Monsoon has arrived and we got 1 1/2 inches of rain in less than 2 hours on Sunday. Lucky me, I was leaving the grocery store right in the middle of the storm. At least Cole wasn't with me on this trip. With the monsoon comes the humidity...ugh.

We enjoyed our weekend at a local resort, but are probably the only people who check out at 6:40am to come home. The painters finished everything on Saturday, so by Sunday morning we felt good that the fumes has died down enough to come home and put this place back together. Slowly but surely it's looking like home again. The color turned out great and I tried to capture it on film, but it really is such a subtle color that it's hard to see in the picture.

I've learned so many things as a new parent...but one of the most important is that nothing belongs to just you anymore. If you have something and your child likes it...chances are it's theirs now. I learned this lesson the hard way, with my little pink Razor cell phone. Now those that know me, know how much I loved that little pink phone. I thought it was so darn cute and really so easy to use. After 2+ years I had finally mastered all the buttons, cameras, video, etc. Then along came Cole. He also liked my little pink phone...so much that he decided to eat it one day. The end result...a little pink phone with little buttons that no longer worked -- saturated with teething drool, the phone died. So...now, the phone belongs to Cole and I am stuck trying to learn how to use my new fancy phone that will speak my text messages to me. It's good for a giggle. Here is Cole just tormenting me, "ha, ha...the phone is mine!"





No comments: