Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What you missed in May

It's been awhile (I can hear my husband singing that line as I type it)! I am somewhat in denial that June is here already. Then I saw the weather forecast...110 by early next week. Yep. June is here.

We celebrated both my birthday and Shawn's dad's (Papa) birthday last month. Papa wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack for his big day...so we went! Cole had calamari for the first time and LOVED it. Here is Cole and his basket of fried food, laughing at Papa, who was sporting a bib for his crab feast.

The next day Shawn had a birthday party for me. A Hawaiian Luau right in our backyard. Here we are in our festive wear.

Sweet K with our old neighbor Sheryl.
I had to post a picture of the cupcakes my girlfriend Rachel made. Before being an event planner...she was a pastry chef. Lucky us! Check out the amazing cupcakes she made for the party. They were delish...thank you Rachel!This past weekend we had a visit from Aunite, Uncle Judd, Lukas and Autumn. This was the first time that all the cousins had been together. We were a little nervous, but it was a total success! Everyone played great and it was so great to all be together. It made us even more excited for a trip to Sunriver this summer.

We piled 3 of the 4 kids into the bath together the first night. We call this, "rub a dub dub, 3 cousins in a tub."
On Sunday the kids and I were baptized. It was special to share such an important event together. I opted for the private baptism for fear of what my children would do in front of the 200 person congregation. Turns out it was a good idea, Cole was talking loudly during the baptism about how he wanted to blow out all of the candles. As they were baptising him with the water he said, "all done?" We weren't able to get many pictures, but finally a family photo where we are all looking at the camera! I didn't say all looking good, just all looking at the camera.
I loved watching the boys play together. Cole is obsessed with Lukas and wanted to do everything he was doing. Here they are watching Nascar. So...off we go into summer. Good bye jeans...see you in November!

No comments: