Tuesday, February 2, 2010

While Daddy's away...

Shawn is out of town in Tucson for a project interview, so it was just me and the kids last night. I am a little out of practice with Cole's bathtime/bedtime routine as ever since Kenleigh was born we divide and conquer. Obviously I get Kenleigh duty since I am the only one that can feed her. So...last night I started the bath for Cole, he requested Elmo bubbles, so I followed orders and might have put in just a tad too much. He LOVED it!
We tried cereal with Kenleigh a few weeks ago and she just didn't get it. Deciding it was too early and she wasn't ready we took a few weeks off. Tried it again on Sunday and she digs it! She ate it all up and was actually shoving my hand with the spoon in her mouth. Just wait until she gets "real" food...!
The update on Kenleigh's sleep (this is more for my memory as I haven't kept baby books for either kid), she is now doing a 10 hour stretch. She is up to eat at 10 hours and then back down for another 3 hours. Thank you K...mommy loves you!

Can't believe our big girl will be 5 months old next week. She was at the doctor yesterday and weighs 16lb 14.5oz. She is still so fat and happy and gets attention everywhere she goes. People just cannot resist her big cheeks. So different than skinny little Cole! She is a busy gal getting ready to roll over from back to front. She mastered front to back over Christmas. She can sit up on her own with her hands holding her up (tripod) for a few minutes and is really starting to dig some of her toys. Loving this stage and looking forward to more milestones with her.

Cole continues to be hilarious saying things we just can't believe. The other day I was feeding Kenleigh and he came up and pointed and said, "Mommy's milk?" I said, yes...to which he replied, "that's Spicy!" He's a very polite little boy saying good bye to Daddy's truck each morning and has recently started saying goodby to the Christmas Tree as well, which is being stored in the garage. He still asks about Santa and Snowman at least 3 times a week. For those that are curious...Santa is on vacation and Snowman melted. My sister thinks it's cruel that I just didn't say Snowman was on vacation too.

1 comment:

Kristi Kendall said...

So adorable!! Can't wait to see you all next week!! Love Santa is on vacation and the Snowman has melted!!