Saturday, January 16, 2010

You make me smile...

Finally! Who would have known that food was all it would take to get this girl to smile on camera. Yesterday was the maiden voyage with rice cereal. Yes, a little early I know...but I am convinced this 16lb big baby girl is hungry. I am pulling out all the stops in an attempt to get her to sleep through the night. I forgot that the first time you try and feed them cereal they really don't know what to do with it. Most of it dribbled down her chin and was pushed out by her tongue. We will try again tonight!Oh...and she didn't sleep through the night, but she did an 8 hour stretch. Thank you Kenleigh...next stop, 10 hours please!


Food makes Cole happy too, especially when it's food from Red Robin. His latest request...french fries and ketchup. Must not be my kid...ranch only please.

5 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

If she has a bottle try putting the rice cereal in her bottle - that's how we gave it to Ben at first to get him sleeping more plus no mess!

Emily said...

We put it in Lexi's bottle too...some people say not to but I don't know why. Good luck!

Kristi Kendall said...

YEAH!! She smiles on camera!! Can't wait to see you, Shawn & the kiddos next month. Can't believe how grown up Cole is getting. What a big boy!

Karla said...

Finally a Kenleigh smile....love her. Sleep baby sleep!

Anonymous said...

Kelli - I love your kids!!! Never see them but they do brighten my day as screen savers all throughout the lab (not trying to get their faces used to the UW - cause we know they are going to be COUGS!!!!)

brian