Friday, September 18, 2009

Seriously, a wetness indicator?

Have to post this really quick as I am dying to know if I am the only mom out there that missed this feature. All new mom's love the Pampers Swaddler diapers, they are so soft, not to mention have that new baby scent that you just love. While in the hospital having Kenleigh I learned of another reason to love the Pampers Swaddlers. It's called the Wetness Indicator.

Apparently there is a yellow stripe down the middle of the diaper that turns green when it is wet and needs to be changed. The only reason I learned about the indicator was when a nurse was in our room and said, oh looks like she's wet. We looked at the woman like, really? How do you know that? She then told us about the green stripe. My mouth literally fell open...I am not a first time mom and yet I was clueless on this fantastic feature of the Swaddlers.

So...when we got home I actually read the package that the diapers come in and sure enough, they boast the feature of the Wetness Indicator right on the package. Who'd have thought? Curious if I was the only clueless one out there, or if by chance this is a new feature of the diapers?

2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

It's new since we had Kenzie and Cole or I totally missed it too! I was amazed to learn of that helpful little stripe when I had Ben. Wish it was in the bigger sizes too!

Emily said...

I loved the stripe...but didn't know they were new...bad part is once you get out of NB sized diapers the wetness indicator feature goes away, and you have to figure out on your own if she is wet. Random side note: don't put disposable diapers in the washing machine...you will have a layer of gel all over all of the clothes. I learned that one the hard way.