Saturday, September 5, 2009

...and so the college football season begins...

I try and deny all year that it will happen, but inevitably it always comes...the start of the football season. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a college football game with the best of them. The problem is I married the world's biggest football fan. I mean wears the jersey, puts his kid in the jersey, hangs the flag biggest football fan. I appreciate his love of the game, it just makes the season feel so much longer for me.
So...the Huskies play today and of course the Blubaum boy's are sporting their jerseys and the flag is flying high on Goldfinch Way. Even the neighbor commented this morning when Shawn went out to hang it. We were having a huge thunder and rain storm but the neighbor shouted from across the street that he was impressed with Shawn's committment, hanging the flag rain or shine!
Forgive me that I am not wearing Cougar gear to support them today. I am 3 days from delivery and lucky that I have anything that actually fits, let alone trying to find something crimson to wear.
Happy Labor Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Kristi Kendall said...

Oh all the football games in your future! Cute photos! Can't believe it is only 3 days till Pinky Blu is due!