Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My name is Cole...I like to Dance!

Yo Gabba Gabba! I have no idea what it means...what it is really about...but it is the current obsession of Mr. Cole. He really goes all in when he loves something (remember the Elmo craze of 2008-2009?). The kids nanny got him turned onto Yo Gabba Gabba and now we all know and love DJ Lance, Muno, Foofa, Brobee, Todee and Plex. I think DJ Lance is stuck in a time warp and has remnants of a bad acid trip from a rave in the early 90's. Nothing else could explain his outfit, dancing and relationship with the Gabba Gang. All that aside, my Cole loves it, so I am on board too.

Saturday Cole and I went to go see them live in Downtown Phoenix. I about fell over when I saw the price of the tickets, but like any good mom I hit purchase on Ticketmaster and then hit the cash machine on the way to the show knowing I would get suckered into major promotional merchandise purchasing. I was right! The overpriced t-shirts, keychains, etc. all came home with us. PS...we like Brobee the best in our house.

They give out DJ Lance glasses when you arrive. The crazy guy handing them out said, "don't forget your 3-D glasses!" When Cole put them on I noticed they had no lenses. Interesting 3-D glasses. Regardless, Cole loves the glasses...he put them on immediately. Wore them the entire show, took a nap in them on the car ride home and when I dropped him off at preschool this morning, he was still wearing them. I am sure parents were thinking all kinds of things seeing my crazy kid wearing oversized black cardboard glasses to school. Awesome! Here is a close up of Cole in his glasses.
I was so excited to get lots of pictures at the show. I pulled out my camera ready to snap away only to discover the batteries in my camera were dead. Not awesome. Luckily this day and age everything has a camera on it. I pulled out Cole's iTouch and snapped a couple of pictures. Loved this one and had to share. Cole, in a Brobee t-shirt, wearing his DJ Lance glasses, posing with Plex (the magic robot).
At one point in the show the Gabba Gang enters the theater from the back and each character comes down an aisle. Luckily we had aisle seats and Todee herself walked right by us. Cole got to touch her and I swear it was like a celebrity sighting for a 3 year old! As my sister said, "he'll never wash that hand again."
It was expensive and loud and total, total fun. I am so happy we went and I will always remember the excitement on his face seeing his Gabba friends so close up. In the words of DJ Lance it was truly....AWESOME!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Cole is beyond excited...I love it!!!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love it! Laughing still at the thought of Cole wearing the glasses to school. Glad you're a cool mom and just roll with it!