Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daddy, please come home!

We are counting down the minutes until daddy arrives home. Shawn has been in LA for the past 5 days watching hours of basketball at the Pac-10 tournament. At least the Huskies won the tournament (no, I am still a Cougar fan...just makes for a happier Daddy!). I am looking forward to a 2nd set of hands around here again. ;)
Last weekend the kids and I went to the Railroad park with our friends Rachel and Haley. Miss Haley is about 6 months younger than Cole and these 2 are cute friends. The park has all kinds of slides and climbing areas, a carousel and a train the kids can ride. We had a great time enjoying the sun!

I know most mom's wouldn't post this pic on their blog...but I kind of like it. Finally Kenleigh is messing with Cole. It's usually the other way around!

Kenleigh celebrated her 6 month birthday on Monday! Friday I had her check up and the stats are in:
Weight: 17lb 14oz -- 80th %
Height: 26 1/2" -- 80th %
She's slowing down...but is as least as big as she is tall! A few days ago she really discovered her voice. Painful at times because it can be a loud happy screech. Adorable mostly because she is figuring out sounds and says ma-ma-ma-ma and ba-ba-ba-ba, as sweet potatoes fall from her mouth.

6 month photo...Captain Smiley!

Kenleigh is officially a tummy sleeper, just like her brother, just like her mommy, just like her daddy. It's a Blubaum thing! She is sitting up and drooling like crazy. I keep thinking we are going to wake up to teeth soon, but to be honest I am fine waiting. I am still nervous about the personal damage she might do to me once she gets teeth, if you know what I mean.

This big guy here has woken up dry in the morning all week AND staying dry most of the day. SO proud! If you come use the bathroom in our house and Cole knows...he'll tell you that you TOO can have "2 Elmo stickers if you go poo poo in the toilet."
Can you tell he needs a haircut? This was me giving him a comb-over on Friday morning before school!

4 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

Love the photos!!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I would post that picture on my blog! Love the interaction and that smiley girl!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

Great pics Kelli! Love the one of Kenleigh in her pink top. :)