Sunday, December 18, 2011

...and we're back!

I can only hope that the recent purchase of a new laptop and a new computer with = more frequent blogging. I am tired of making excuses for why it's not updated. No doubt the kids will look back and know that 2011 was a busy one.
Through the busy times we still have a ton of fun. I don't have access to many pictures yet, but I'll update with what I have from my iPhone. More to come, I promise.
I updated last about Cole's birthday party...but a few days later we celebrated on his actual birthday. Of course we dined at the standard Blubaum birthday spot...Red Robin! Here is the birthday boy playing his favorite money wasting game.
Here he is again sporting his Spiderman gear from Auntie (picked out by Lukas of course!).
We pretty much start celebrating Christmas on November 1st in our house. We love Christmas so much that just the days in December aren't enough for us. Cole's first viewing of Charlie Brown Christmas (with his Charlie Brown tree next to him), was in early November.
Can't forget K...enjoying one of brother's birthday gifts!
On Thanksgiving our friend Amanda brought her dog Scout over. Scout is one of Kenleigh's favorite "people." She does a bit of over loving on Scout, but her heart is in the right place. Here they are snuggling on the couch before Thanksgiving dinner.
Elfso arrived the Saturday after Thanksgiving and greeted the kids with a fun festive breakfast. They were so excited that Elfso was back and get up each morning filled with excitement to see where he will be and if he brought them a treat from the North Pole.
Most people know that Cole is passionate about whatever he is into. Lately it is Wizard of Oz. He's obsessed! As a treat a couple of weeks ago I took him to see the show at a local theater. It was 2 1/2 hours long, with intermission and he did GREAT! He loved it! I treated him to McDonald's before the show.
Can't forget to show you how high up our seats were..2nd row from the top. Yikes! I wasn't willing to pay the high tickets price, just in case he got bored with the musical in the first 30 min. Lesson learned...
The kids definitely love to imitate what we do. Sometimes this is cute and funny and sometimes it's an eye opener about yourself! :) Two cute moments lately...found the kids "driving" my Tahoe, each sporting a pair of my sunglasses.
Miss K loves to put on make up with me on the weekends. I finally just bought her some cheap of her own...I can't bear to waste mine!
This past week the kids had their Christmas Concert at school. Adorable! All the kids were decked out in their holiday best and sang songs like, Go Tell it on the Mountain, Joy to the World and Happy Birthday Baby Jesus. Both the kids did a great job. Cole sang his heart out and Kenleigh sat front and center in a chair, smiling looking adorable and never sang a word. Oh well, at least she didn't come crying off the stage like Cole did last year. Small wins. Afterwards we went to their classrooms for cookies and celebrating. Here they are, so proud of their performances!

1 comment:

Karla said...

So happy to see a Blau blog update:)