Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Heartbreak...

Cole has a friend at preschool, actually a "girlfriend." These were always his chosen words, not ours. Her name is Tessa and she and Cole are like peas and carrots. Since he started preschool in August they have been the best of buds. Tessa is the sweetest little girl and Cole just adores her!

We got the sad news on Friday that Tessa was leaving the school. I received a note from her mom letting me know that she wanted the kids to stay in touch and so we will be setting up a playdate with them soon.

Last night, Cole's teacher forwarded me this picture of Cole & Tessa from last week. I just love how he is all snuggled into her and they look so happy on the playground.
When I dropped him off at school this morning I asked, who are you going to play with today? He replied, "not with Tessa, Mom, she's not here anymore." SAD!

It's always hard to see your first love go...she was a cutie pie Cole...good pick! :)

No comments: