Friday, July 9, 2010

Where's Woody?

Cole and I had a first this past weekend. I decided, after talking it up for weeks, that I would take Cole to his first movie. He wanted to see Toy Story 3. He wanted to "sit in the dark and eat popcorn" and see Buzz & Woody. Let's be honest, he's never even watched all of the first Toy Story in his own house. So...I had no illusions that he would sit through a 2 hour movie in the theater. But...in the spirit of making memories, off we went to a matinee on Monday. Here he is, sitting in his seat, eating popcorn!
The previews took forever and after each one he'd say, "Mommy, where's Woody?" After going in and out of the theater 3 times, I decided it was time to call it a day. He did really well at first and lasted almost an hour in the theater. At the end he was walking up the aisle saying loudly, "Mommy, I want gummy bears." This was code for we are done here. It was fun and I look forward to the day when he can sit through an entire movie...at home or in the theater. So far we are 0 for 2.

We also went to the Phoenix Children's Museum with Cole's friend Haley and her mom Rachel. Here are the kids playing in the Grocery Store, weighing peas! This is what we call Cole's "pirate smile."
I thought this photo was cute...somehow the kids ended up in Shawn's laundry basket. I think they are both mesmerized by Elmo on the tv...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I appreciate the toy story challenge as well. I took caden and at the end of the movie, i asked him - didyou like the movie? His response... no mom, I prefer the wiggles.... Well, I guess we won't be going to a movie again for a while.