Thursday, December 24, 2009

Making memories...

I love traditions, especially around the holidays. Even though I can't be with my family (parents, sister, etc) on Christmas, I still love to celebrate our traditions. Seems like those revolve around food! Chex mix, lemon bars, meatballs, lefsa and Cougar Gold cheese...all important components of Christmas Eve around here.

So...yesterday we made the Chex mix and lemon bars. Lucky me I had a super great helper! Only once did he touch the pan and say "HOT!" He was right, it was hot and I probably shouldn't have let him stir in the hot pan. But...for the sake of tradition...
I had the kids in their holiday shirts yesterday and thought it would be cute to get a picture of them. Wow, didn't realize how impossible that would be. This is as close as I could get to both looking (somewhat) at the camera. Kenleigh looks like a wax figure! Also note the Snoopy sock on Cole's hand. He LOVES to wear socks on his hands. The Snoopy is a current fav since we lost 1 sock, so he can't wear them on his feet anymore. They now make a perfect fit for his hand.
Sis was reading books with Grammy while sitting in her Bumbo. Oh, I stopped a potential disaster yesterday. I looked up and Cole had stripped off his pants and his pull up and was getting ready to sit in the Bumbo thinking it was a potty seat. YIKES! Crisis averted.
Another great joy with kids at the holidays are the lovely crafts they make a school and bring home to pass off as "presents." Last year we got an snowflake ornament that Cole decorated with his picture in it. It is hanging on the tree this year and Cole walks up to it and says "Hole see Hole!" This means Cole wants to see and hold the picture of Cole. Check out this years treasure...hmm...?
Tonight is church, dinner and finishing Santa's work. The load of presents he is leaving at our house this year is overwhelming. The kids are getting spoiled, no doubt. Tonight at 5:30pm Santa is calling our house. I found a website that sends you a personalized call from Santa. I can hardly wait to see the look on Cole's face...!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!

No comments: