Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring has sprung!

I hate to even put up this post, knowing some of our loyal blog followers don't reside in the Valley of the Sun and also because I heard a rumor it was snowing this morning in parts of Seattle. However, I can't help but share a couple of pictures from a gorgeous 80 degree weekend in Arizona!

Shawn was out of town all weekend so we had some mommy and Cole time. We started Saturday morning with a walk to our new neighborhood and a visit to the park we will frequent in the future. Cole really showed off his daredevil side taking the slide by storm, on his stomach and landing with his face in the sand. The first time I was really worried, but by the 8th time I knew he didn't mind the sand that was up his nose. Here he is having a great time on the swings...
With Shawn out of town, Cole had to pick up the slack. Too bad bubble mowers don't really do the trick because the kid covered every inch of the backyard at least twice.
We spent today at the zoo with my friend Rachel and her daughter Haley. I was so upset that I forgot my camera....only to get home and realize it was in the diaper bag the entire time. I guess the pregnancy brain is finally kicking in. As Shawn always says..."you'll be fine after the baby comes..." Let's just hope so!

Welcome home daddy, we missed you!

1 comment:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

So jealous! Not of you being pregnant : ) but of the weather... we had snow, sleet, rain, wind and sun today. We talk of moving to the sun daily but it will be summer here soon enough! Hang in there it does get better when you're not pregnant anymore!!!