Sunday, January 27, 2008

Daddy...show me how that XBox 360 works...

This has been a rough weekend. My first experience with being sick and having a baby. Ughh...I was fighting a cold all last week and Friday it finally hit me and knocked me out. I am feeling worse each day and will have to drag myself to the doctor tomorrow. I will also have to take Cole to the doctor as I think he's picked up a little something from me. On top of that I am supposed to report for Jury Duty tomorrow. The Chandler Courts will have to forgive me if I am not feeling up to my civic duties tomorrow.

Enough about me...so, as I was lying on the couch complaining this morning, Shawn was playing XBox Live with one of his friends. He was trying to be super dad and take care of Cole at the same time. See below for a picture of what I like to call "Daddy DayCare." I guess it's never too young to teach the child the ways of the XBox?
Speaking of daycare, I think we have found the perfect place for Cole. We are on the waitlist and are optimistic that a space will open up for him by March 3rd when we need him to go. It's a great little place by our house that is small, secure, clean and full of happy babies. This fits the bill for us. Now, will they be ready for my baby boy...this is the real question. The "colic" that Cole had has now turned into all day fits of rage. The child is just not happy! The pediatrician has diagnosed him as having a reflux problem, which would explain him feeling miserable, and so I give him Zantac twice a day. No improvements yet, but she said it can take up to 2 weeks to see a difference. Luckily Grammy Virg is the most patient person on earth and takes wonderful care of Cole all day.

Cole will be 3 months old next Sunday. The time is flying by. Rumor has it he has started rolling over from his tummy to his back. Somehow I have missed both times it has happened! He just started sitting in his Bumbo chair and seems to like it (for 10 minutes at least!).

I am off to California on Friday night to take a certification exam on Saturday. I'll return on Saturday night and then turn around and go back to California on Tuesday, returning Wednesday. This will be my first time away from Cole overnight. What will I do at night without the static noise of the monitor to drift me off to sleep? The bigger question is will Daddy even hear the monitor? Perhaps I need to put Grammy in charge of it. Hmm...things to decide before Friday.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that when you are gone, you will be thinking of Cole, but enjoy getting 8 hours of sleep! As for the monitor, I just turn it up real loud before I leave so that at least the first time Caden wakes up, I know Justin will wake up too. :)