Saturday, November 17, 2007

They ARE related!

I was going to title this posting "Safety 1st" until I found a photo that I thought should be posted along with a new picture of Cole. Each morning I go into his room to get him up for his morning feeding and this is how I find him. The sleep positioner is supposed to keep him sleeping on his back, however as you can see...Cole shimmies his way down so that it ends up being a head blocker in instead! This is not achieving the goal of the sleep positioner.
What is just as funny is the photo below. This is Cole's cousin Lukas, at the exact same age, doing the exact same thing! I guess they really ARE related!

Below is a picture of Cole after his morning feeding (with a little milk on his face!)...we call this the Boobie Coma! He ate 45 minutes ago and is still in it right now in the family room with Dad!

We are calling today Independence Day for Kelli. After 2 weeks of no driving (due to c-section) I am a free woman. My treat...off to Starbucks to enjoy a seasonal Gingerbread Latte. Ahhh!

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

I can so relate to this post. 1st off the fact that's you wrote it at 7:41 in the morning on a Saturday brings me right back. 2nd off the fact that you're celebrating the fact that you have your freedom back and can drive to do something as simple as getting a cup of coffee reminds me so much of how I felt during the c-section recovery days. The sad part is you're not really free, you probably have to come right home just in case he's hungry again. Glad to hear everything is going well though and you're adjusting to life with another life depending on your life :)

Jeannette (Char's sister)

Unknown said...

I am also glad to hear that you are getting your freedom back. Enjoy the latte! I guess Caden slept through the night last night and I missed it because I was in Milwaukee. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Cole is so cute and I am glad to see more pics of him. I hope you are enjoying mommyhood and are recovering from the C-section

Kristi Kendall said...

Enjoy your latte you deserve it!! Cole is adorable. Love the coma picture - it is priceless. I know I have said this before but can't wait to see you and meet him at Christmas.