Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baby Blu's Shower

I spent last weekend in Olympia (out of the AZ heat!) where we had a shower for Baby Blu (thank you Kristie, Beth and Amy)! It was a great weekend with friends and family and was much needed since I hadn't been back since Christmas. It was so fun to see so many friends (and their darling new babies) and to catch up with everyone.

Saturday was a perfect NW day, the kind that makes you want to move back there, but then you remember that October - May it will be gray and raining again. We were at my Dad's house on the lake and it was just beautiful.

Baby Blu was spoiled with so many wonderful gifts...including his first #8 Matt Hasselbeck jersey (thanks Amanda!). This was probably Shawn's favorite!


Of course there were great gifts for mom as well...including my very own "Hooter Hider." I am going to assume that it's purpose is self explanatory. It will come in handy once Baby Blu arrives!Since I am 7 months pregnant now and have released no pictures to prove this, I have decided it's time. This may be the only post I do of the belly, so please enjoy (this is for you Mom!).

I hope to have some pictures of his nursery up soon! We painted his room a couple of weeks ago and had new carpet installed throughout the house last weekend. It's shaping up! We still need to order our furniture (oops...didn't realize it can take up to 10 weeks to arrive?) and take care of a few other things. We are so excited for our little man to arrive in October.

I am feeling great and am 28 weeks pregnant today. 3 more months to go. Somedays it feels like that is right around the corner, but then I remember I've been pregnant since January and it feels like 3 months is so far away! We go back to the doctor next week for our last monthly appointment. After this we go every 2 weeks, then every week.


Can't forget to mention the half of the Blu's...Shawn! He is doing great, enjoying Blu's Summer of Golf Tour. He's only got a few more courses to golf. He is off to Vegas with the boys next weekend and then we are having our "Babymoon" later this month. A weekend in Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Looking forward to our last getaway before Baby arrives!


That's what is "new with the Blu's!"

3 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

It was so much fun to see you and the baby bump. What a wonderful baby shower!

Jillian said...

You look so cute! It is so nice to finally see your little belly:) I am glad to hear things are going well and I hope they continue to do so. Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Hey there - I am glad to see that you got a hooter hider! It is truly a great invention and makes things go much smoother for you and baby blu!

We miss you guys!