Thursday, May 31, 2007

What is Baby Blu?



Well, it tuns out that Baby Blu is a pretty fitting name for our baby...Shawn and I found out today that we are having a little boy!! Most predictions were correct (apparently I've been putting off some boy vibes). We are both so excited! Shawn is already making plans for the batting cage he is going to build in the backyard and is so happy he will get to be a Little League coach. I had to remind him that this will only work if the baby gets HIS athletic ability. My hand/eye coordination leaves a lot to be desired. Based on all tests and ultra sounds at this point the baby is doing great and is very healthy. We are still looking at October 25th for a due date.


Speaking of due dates, Shawn informed me on Tuesday that he was looking at the calendar and he realized that the week of Thanksgiving would be a really great time (for his schedule) to have the baby. His job would be close to done and he could take the entire week off to be with me and the baby. I informed him that I didn't sign up for a 45 week pregnancy. He'll just have to work with me on this one!

So...that is what is "new with the Blu's" this week. Pretty exciting news for an already exciting time!

1 comment:

bsycks said...

Remember two of your friends birthdays are pretty close to oct 25th. Kristi (12th) and mine (13th) if you wanted baby blu to come early.

I can picture shawn as a little league coach - going to be fun having a little one around kelli.